Extend and Route Remote Control Signals
The BlastIR is designed to get your remote control's signal to where it needs to go. Since remote control signals (IR) need "line-of-sight" to work, you will need this extender if the equipment you're trying to control is not in sight. You'll need to extend your IR signals, especially if your TV is wall-mounted.
Sewell's IR extender kits provide all the parts you need in one convenient package to send an IR signal from the comfort of your couch to wherever you store your equipment.
How This Works
This kit includes an IR receiver, an IR emitter, and optional IR cables. The IR receiver is a small inconspicuous device that you can mount on your HDTV's bezel or anywhere else in the room where you will want to point your remote. It is small and very easy to hide, but must be in line-of-site to your couch (or wherever you will be sitting when using your remote control). This receiver receives your remote control's commands and sends the signal wirelessly to the IR emitter, which emits the signal to your devices.
A IR emitter cable is included. This emitter blasts out the same IR signal, and you can tape it directly to your equipment or simply fix it to a nearby shelf or wall (or even the back of the door of your video closet).
- Extend Your Remote Control Signals Wirelessly
- Wireless Distance: 200m (650ft), distance may vary due to obstacles
- IR Receiver Distance: 7m (30ft)
- Includes IR Reciever, IR Emitter, and Optional IR Cables
- Not Compatible with RF Remotes and the following: Dish Hopper 3; Dish VIP 211; Cisco 8300 HDC; Cisco 9865 HDC; Cisco Explorer 4240 HDC; Cisco Explorer 4640 HDC; Cisco Explorer 4642 HDC; Cisco Explorer 4742 HDC